Network Sharing WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a peer to peer WinXP network, I want to allow certain users to access recources on other computers.
I create a similar user account on the resource computer as what the person logs on as. But the user is not allowed access.
If I have the Everyone group on the resource computer then users have access.
I only want specified users or groups to access resources.
Do you have any suggestions

Thanks

Delete the Everyone group. Then under Users, enter each person that has access. Add them to a group like Administrators, Superusers or whatever. On the HD, give selected rights (Sharing...) to those that need it, on a per person/user basis.

Realblackstuff-I have done that by adding each user to the resource computer. These users are members of the "users" group. But it still stops the users from accessing the resources.
Only by using Everyone group do I succeed.
Any ideas

Are all the computers in the same workgroup? Have you set both sharing permissions and file access permissions? Are all machines running XP?

I just sorted the problem, I found that I needed to setup logon passwords for the client computers as well as on the resource computer.
It didn't work when no passwords were used on either client computer or resource computer.

Thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back