network speaking?? (like teamspeak but for networks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there any software that will allow me to speak to somebody on another computer on my home network?
a program im looking for is like teamspeak but for a home network.
if there isnt a speaking program is there an instant messaging program for a home network?
if there is both please tell me how to get both of them
THANKS A LOT!

You could use almost anything - even AIM or some other instant messaging client. If you don't want to install those there's always NetMeeting.

Even though you're connected to the AOL network when you sign onto AIM when you start a voice or video (or secure) conversation with another client it actually dies a direct connect between you two. If you do a netstat -a once you've established the connection you should see the IP address of the other client in the list. This would mean that you'd have to be connected to the internet with both machines.

If being connected to the internet is a problem just use NetMeeting. It's located in your Program Files folder under NetMeeting and the executable you want to launch is conf.exe . After that you simply enter the IP address of the remote client (make sure it's launched already on the other side - the IP will probably be 192.168.?.???)

hey i found a program that works. i dont have net meeting since it comes on windows 2000 but not XP. i downloaded Ventrilo and the Ventrilo server and configured it right and it works perfect for speech. and for IM-ing, i downloaded LanToucher. it works perfectly also!
thanks for your help anyways
maybe this will help somebody else also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back