Networked printer bat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

me(who else?)

I was setting up a networked printer on my home LAN, when I began to think. Normally I have to right click on a printer to connect. I was wondering wether I could write a bat to run at startup which would connect for me. Is there a command for this?

I thought you could set it up that when you start the computer the printer will connect. Run around through the settings of the networked printer share and see if you can't find it.

If you would use a separate print-server, you would not even have to think about such a file. As long as the printer is switched on and has paper, it is always available immediately.

Really? My setup is this: I have 1 laptop(XP) on a wireless LAN connection and a desktop (2000). The desktop (obviously) is hooked up to the printer. I have a D-Link DI-614+ router with 802.11b support.

Attach the printer to the printserver (e.g. Netgear PS110 for 2 parallel printers) and the printserver to the router.
On the printserver-CD is the software, that needs to be installed on both laptop and desktop.
As long as your printer/router/printserver are switched on, your printer(s) will always be available

I don't have a printserver, just a desktop...do I need some special software, or do I need to buy another piece of hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back