networking thru router

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

i have 2 pcs connected to a router using a ethernet card, i'd like to create a virtual network between the 2 pcs.

or

just, i'd like to connect both of them using this router.

one uses 98 and the other xp. we both connect to the internet thru the router. i have checked the router site and can c both systems connected to the router and can also look at their ip addresses, but when i try a search in windows, i cant find the said pcs.

could anyone plz help me out. thanx in advance.

File and Printer Sharing is enabled on both computers? Also when you set up a network with the wizard in XP it says something about running some program, or putting it on floppy from the XP CD, on other computers with other Windows flavors to make them work with XP. (I only have XP so I'm not familiar with that part) All computers also need the same Network Name and you need to enable sharing on a folder as well.

cheers man,

i didnt realise but, one day i ran some networking wizard from a XP cd on 98, and it did something and created a shared folder.

last night i checked it on my friends pc, and i was able to c my folder in it.
so, i was thinking mayb if i run the same thing from his, i might b able to connect to him.

but what i was interested in is, the underlying procedure to connect, what if i had to do the whole thing by myself.

it'll be great if someone could teach me how to do networking by myself.

thanx all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back