New antec PSU "troubles" my Asus MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Today I got an Antec 430w Psu, as I needed some extra juice for upgrades. However, upon installing this supposedly excellent piece of hardware, my ASUS P4B533-E motherboard posts a warning during boot-up. It advices me to check out the power settings in the BIOS. I have done so, and I can not see anything that seems out of the ordinary. So far the PSU has behaved very well and everything should be OK according to ASUS Prob

Should I worry, or just ignore the warning?

You can probably ignore that warning, but if it persists, perhaps you could show us your power-settings in the BIOS. The new antec may have slightly different extra connectors for fans etc. that did not happen on the previous PSU.
Maybe because of the increased power, some fan might now run over the warning-limit as set in the BIOS, if you have such settings.

You were perfectly right, Black! A fan cause d the alert, but not because of high speed. On the contrary, the MB, now being aware of the speed of the PSU fan, claimed that the speed of this fan was too low, and thus posted a warning. When I disabled the monitoring of the psu fan, the MB happily went back to its previous state of ignorance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back