New build PC, Black screen Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badands

Hey guys

I build a new PC and i turned it on all the fans are spinning and there are LED's on the motherboard that light up ( 3 lights blue, orange and green) i took everything out and plugged it back and but the screen stays black and i hear no beep

EVGA Nvidia 8800 GTX
EVGA Nforce 680i SLI 122-ck-NF68
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 ghz
1 gb 240-pin ddr2pc2-6400cl4 epp
PSU Thermaltake toughpower 750W
-Voltage-maxload-minload-realload-loadred-ripple & niose
+3.3v,30A,0.5A,-,+3%-3%,50mV
+5v,28A,2A,-,+3%-3%,50mV
(4 times) +12,18A,1A,-,+3%-3%,120mV
-12,0.8A,0A,-,+9%-5%,120mV
+5VSB,3A,0A,3.5A,+5%-3%,50mV

Thanks

That's a monster you're building there.

What kind of hard drive did you put in it? I seem to recall my home computer failing the POST because I had a bad drive...

hmm yeah the motherboard has like little blocks and they can show numbers and letters and such and they both show "-"

hmm sorry i keep adding things like this i just remembered and thought it might be useful information yeah so its the first boot too so the hard drive is empty

update!!! i was messing around with it i read something on here bout isolating the bad component nad yeah i took off all the drives and nothing then i was thinking bout the ram so i took it and pt it in another sot and it worked it booted up and beeped twice on the mobo the little thingy posted 7F and i looked it up in the Manuel and it said "POST error check" "Check POST error and display them and ask for user intervention"

So it is posting now? If so, go into setup, select the rom that you will use to be the first boot device. Put your Windows disk in that and go for it.

ok so now it turned on and i installed windows and its all good put when i restart or shutdown and i turn it back on same thing happens screen black and no beep i shut it down and took out the ram put it back in worked... sometimes i had to put it in a different slot to work though it froze up twice too but i guess its because im running normal windows xp not 64 bit hmm so does this mean my ram is bad cause thats what im guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back