New build - USB problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsky303

Hi all,

I've recently built myself a nice PC. Been putting it together all morning. First time I switched it on, it booted up no problem. My keyboard was working fine as I needed to go though the BIOS etc.
As soon as I loaded windows xp, I found myself without any keyboard or mouse support (keyboard and mouse are cordless). I was just left with the login screen so I switched off the computer (by pressing the power button which brought up the 'windows is shutting down' message - meaning it hadn't crashed) and restarted again, this time trying with another usb mouse.
The keyboard worked and the mouse looked active (laser light on) until halfway through loading windows, then I was back at the login screen, mouse and keyboard not working again.

Anyone know what's going on?
Cheers

(sorry if I've gone on a bit, Christmas work's do last night, feeling rough)

Asus P5KC
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GeForce 8800 GTX XT
2x Corsair XMS2 Dominator
Maxtor 300GB
Windows XP x32

Reboot and go into the BIOS - make sure you have the UBS settings for legacy devices set to on.
You may also have to boot with either a standard mouse or keyboard connected so that you can install the windows driver set - although this should now work without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back