New build wont boot at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandnew427

I just built a computer. Everything went fine until I went to boot it. I made sure the power supply was on the right voltage, all the hardware was set up right and then I turned it on and pressed the power button and nothing happened. I looked at the mobo manual and made sure the power switch was set up correctly. I tried again and nothing happened. I tried the power supply that come with the case. I turned it on, nothing happened. When I flipped the switch off it made a quiet hiss. I kept checking the cables, making sure the front power switch was set up correctly and still nothing worked. Im thinking its a dead power supply or I just set up the power switch wrong.

Hardware:
Athlon 64 2800+ 939 Venice
Motherboard: ECS nForce4-A939 1.0
Video card: XFX Geforce 6600 PCI x16 256 mb
First Harddrive: Samsung Spinpoint 120 gb SATA
Second Harddrive: 20 gb ata133 harddrive from my other computer (still works)
Zalman CNPS ALCU-7700 CPU Fan
NEC Dual Layer DVD+RW drive
550 Watt X-Power PSU
Athenatech ATX Case
Ram: Corsair ValueSelect 1gb DDR400

well elminate what you can....

try everything in another boxz9 one you know works... find the faulty piece. or misconfigured....

The case is fine. Im going to try out the powersupply in a couple hours. After that what would I do, if the powersupply works that is. Should I just assume its a mobo problem and send it back or what.

The risers didnt have the motherboard far enough from the case. I switched those out and everything is working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back