new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tn_joeysome

hello all,
i just bought a new Radeon X1550 PCI-E x1 and my dell e310 has the slot, but the card wont fit, what should i do?
thanks

If the Dell E310 has a PCI-Express slot, the video card will fit. If.
What is your Service Tag number on the back of the machine?
You may have to gently move to the side a little tab on the back of the slot. That tab can block the card if it is not pushed out of the way... you can move it to either side, slip the card in firmly, then the tab will pop back into position to keep the card from coming out accidentally.

the service tag is B2MHBB1. but see, the place where u push the card in and where it comes out the back are not aligned, its kinda strange, do u think theres any way of taking off the back part entirely, like just the part that is blocking the card?

That E310 is the Dell Budget home line. My book shows that it has an integrated video, with various ATI cards as options. But it does not show that it has a PCI-Express slot.
I cannot imagine that a PCI-Express card would not properly align within a Dell case... although you do often have to manipulate the card end screw-down or clamp-down end.
I suspect that your computer is not designed for use with PCI-Express.. If it is, and the alignment is that far out, I would take a digital photo of the misalignment so you can discuss it with Dell. I am sure they would send you a new machine unless there is damage tot he case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back