New computer, BIG problem please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there, i bought new ocmputer parts for my old computer, i basicly bought almost everything new,

i bought a

MOBO: asus P5VD2-x
2 GB DDR2 RAM
CPU: Intel E6600
G-card: 76OOGS 512MB DRR2
Sata disk 250GB
i havee a psu that pulls 300W

okay i assembled this system as normal (i study informatics so i know how to assemble a pc correctly :) )
and now everything is done good, and when i try too boot it, i hear the fan spinning, but i get no boot sound, no display on my screen, no nothing, just the spinning on my cpu fan...

so does anybody know how i can solve this or what part of my machine might be broken? thanks in advance

xvampx

*edit* what i forgot to say is the motherboard is clearly getting power because there is this blue led on it and it is clearly glowing bright.... so please help me out =)

Did you try resetting your cmos?

Did you use the riser pins under the motherboard?

Do you have both the 24pin AND the 12vATX power connectors connected to your motherboard?

Does your graphics card require a PSU connection?

Did you try with just one stick of ram?

If all of the above are good, and not the cause of your problem then there is a good chance that this is a PSU problem. Your graphics card is a fairly powerful one. 300W is really not enough for the specs of your system.

Do you have another PSU you can use as a test?

thanks for all the help guys but i figured it out, it seems the computer doesnt boot if the pins of the cooling arent all super tight locked in which was the case here one apperantly didnt click through enough and now my pc works fine i'm typing on it as we speak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back