Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I ordered off newegg:

intel BOXD915PBLL Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard
Model #: BOXD915PBLL
Item #: N82E16813121230

Advueu AMW-F196B Black 19" 25ms LCD Monitor
Item #: N82E16824180025

ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X600Pro 100-714131 All-In-Wonder Radeon X600Pro 256MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card -
Item #: N82E16814102463

intel Pentium 4 530 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Processor Model BX80547PG3000E
Item #: N82E16819116184

Kingston HyperX 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4300) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model KHX4300D2K2/1G - OEM
Item #: N82E16820144176

Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JD 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive -OEM
Item #: N82E16822135106

SONY Beige IDE DVD Burner Model DRU710A
Item #: N82E16827131236

Rosewill R114A-BLK 2-Tone Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply
Item #: N82E16811147006

Easy enough. I've built a computer prior to this. Not even close and I want to stab my eyes out.

So my brother and I put it all together and powered up. everything ran great. Lights, HDs, burner, keyboard, mouse, monitor light stayed orange. RGB no input signal flashed onscreen and that was that. Here is some of the EVERYTHING I have tried.
I took the PCI-E graphics card and drove 2 hrs to try it in a friends computer. It worked.

I tried my monitor on someone else's PC. It worked.

I tried a different monitor on mine. It didn't work.

I sent back the motherboard and got a new one. It didn't work. (same problem)

I reset the BIOS.

Checked connections.

Tried new monitor cables.

Checked for bent pins.

Disconnected the HD's.

Disconnected the burner.

It has been over a month of trying to figure this out. Someone please tell me I'm retarded and forgot something very simple!

That or I send it all back next week. . . . :dead:

I'd say the crappy Rosewill PSU is to blame. What do you expect from a CASE & PSU for $53.-?
From the PSU, did you connect the special 4-pin ATX-cable to the mobo?
And the powercable to the graphics card?

Try a stronger (450-480W) powersupply from a well-known brand (Enermax/Antec/Fortron etc.).

Nodsu....everyone I know has agp. I can't find another PCI-E or PCI card.

realblackstuff.....I did connect the four pin but I'm unsure what powercable you are referring to and to where on the graphics card. I don't recall any instructions on that. (I've never installed a PCI-E card and didn't think I would need to do anything that different than a PCI card.)

Now, I have unplugged all drives and USBs in case the powersupply was being overloaded. Shouldn't that have worked if wattage was being eaten?

I bought a new antec power supply. still nothing. . .

EDIT: for adding info

the keyboard lights do all flash and then go out as they should.
I have taken out one stick of ram...1 short beep
I have taken out two sticks of ram...3 long beeps
I have taken out video card....no beeps
I have left in two sticks of ram....no beeps

I notice when there are no beeps, there is the most faint beep of a different tone. You could only hear it if it were completely silent in the room.

I have also tried running the system outside the case.....same issues

I did try different cavles....no help.

no onboard graphics.

I am confused as to your last reference. The power supply to the videocard? I didnt think there was a spot for the PSU wires. . .

I dont see what else the problem could be....maybe I should try it. Do you know what kind of cable I would use for that card. I can find NO documentation

Wal-marts ?

Do you have a wal-mart near you ? Here atleat they sell PCI versions of FX5500. Buy one, try it and take it back if it works.

On the the other hand maybe there is a compatability issue with the video card that particular brand card you purchased and your motherboad. A long shot but somthing to look into. If you have best buys near your house go and buy a PCI-E card of a differnt brand and see if it works. You can return a card to best buy and get your full money back even if you opened it.

You have tried everything else cept a new video card... I think that is the only problem you can have.

The cable that came with it (small blue plugs at either end) should plug directly to your card w/out an adapter.

Merc14 said:
The cable that came with it (small blue plugs at either end) should plug directly to your card w/out an adapter.

blue cables at either end into the videocard? I am wondering if I need to plug the powersupply into the videocard

JimShady23 said:
Do you have a wal-mart near you ? Here atleat they sell PCI versions of FX5500. Buy one, try it and take it back if it works.

On the the other hand maybe there is a compatability issue with the video card that particular brand card you purchased and your motherboad. A long shot but somthing to look into. If you have best buys near your house go and buy a PCI-E card of a differnt brand and see if it works. You can return a card to best buy and get your full money back even if you opened it.

You have tried everything else cept a new video card... I think that is the only problem you can have.

I've looked into that.....the videocard is compatible with the board.

Ebbinizer-
Try one the following:
1. Unplug your PC from the wall.
2. Remove everything from the mobo except CPU and HSF, RAM and video card. Make sure RAM is in the proper slots as per your instruction manual and preferably just one stick of it (vital that a single stick is in the proper slot, verify in manual)
3. Unplug ALL the drives FROM the mobo and disconnect power from the drives themselves.
4. Find "Clear CMOS" in your manual and do that. Basically you remove the battery and then locate the 3 pin jumper. Usually pins 1 & 2 are covered by a cap. Put the cap on pins 2 & 3 for a few minutes and then replace it on pins 1 & 2 and reinstall the battery. (verify this porcedure in your manual but those are the basics)
5. Make sure both power cords are properly seated in the mobo and that the RAM and video card are completely seated. Make sure monitor cable is fully connected.
6. Plug the PC back into the wall and turn it on.

Let me know if you can now get into BIOS.

Sounds like a memory problem to me as well, if possible borrow some ram off a mate or sumfin and see if that helps.Cause its got all teh syntoms of dodgey ram (that is the com seems to be running fine cept the monitor wont go on)

If that dont help mybe the motherboard is goosed puke:

memory is fine. it gives an error when it isnt in there. Plus...I couldnt find someone with DDR2 if I tried

merc...I will try that next

jimshady23 is awesome. I owe him my life now. ;)
I went to the store to buy a reg pci card but no one had any. So I bought another type of pci-express card and like magic...it worked! So I don't know why the card worked in the other pc but it wasn't in mine. So, I will be returning to newegg.

Thank you everyone for your kindness and support...much appreciated!

I know it seems obvious, but my card was working in another system so I never considered it an option. But after talking a bit more, figured it couldnt hurt to at least try it, since nothing else seemed to have been the problem.

The only item NOT tried elsewhere, seems to be the CPU.
Can you try that in someone else's PC?

If that card needs another power-connection, look for a (normally lavender-coloured) connector that takes the same plug as goes into a harddisk or CD-drive.

Keep the PCI-slot next to the videocard empty.
Try a VGA-cable/VGA-monitor instead of a DVI cable/LCD monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back