New Computer - No Video Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty91086

Hi everyone

I recently purchased all new parts from Newegg to get a new computer set up... specs as follows:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor
ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
SAPPHIRE 100186L Radeon X1950XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 VIVO HDCP Video Card
LIAN LI HPC-600-A12C ATX 12V 2.2 Version 600W Power Supply
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Atech Flash PRO-28U BLACK 28-in-1 USB 2.0 Internal/External Card Reader
LG 18X DVD±R Super-Multi DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler
WD 500GB SATA Harddrive
U.S. Robotics USR5417 PCI Wireless MAXg 125Mbps PCI Adapter

I got everything into the computer, everything all hooked up, turned the computer on, and no video output... I tried multiple times, still nothing... my monitor was on, but would tell me "No Input Signal"... I read a bunch of things online where other people stated the same problem with this motherboard, so I figured that was the problem, and RMA returned it... I then got an
ABIT AW9D-MAX LGA 775 Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard
and rehooked all parts up, and tried with this setup, but again, no video output...

I haven't heard beeps coming from the computer speaker... I took my video card out and tried it in my roommates computer, and it worked fine... I tried my roommates video card in my new motherboard (since I know his works fine in his computer), but no video from that one either... I unplugged cd drive, harddrive, and memory from motherboard, and no beeps from motherboard but still no video output... then I tried to unplug the processor to see if I could at least get it to POST and hit BIOS, if nothing else, but the computer beeped wildly at me and auto-shutdown... I have run out of ideas... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just to touch this base, did you connect the auxilliary power connectors on the motherboard? On the Abit board besides the usual 24 pin connector, there are two others, an 8 pin and a 4 pin molex.

actually I did not, but I didn't think that should matter, due to the fact that it is just auxiliary power, and the video card already was getting power via the 6 pin pcie power connector, plus in the ASUS that I tried it didn't have the auxiliary power connector and I had the same problem... plus I don't happen to have any male end power connectors for some reason at the moment... the power supply only came with a bunch of female connections which serves no purpose, since i can't link them with males to have more connections, and nothing else I bought came with one - i have 2 molex connections in there right now, and no males to allow for more... I have to go buy at least one...

I also tried my roommates power supply to see if mine just wasn't generating enough power to startup, and his is a 550 watt guaranteed for SLI, and it still wouldn't produce video... I think I'm going to try to get a replacement processor and see if that was the problem, since while it was in I couldn't get video, and while it was out the motherboard was doing beeps and an autoshutdown...

any other suggestions?

It does matter. With occasional exceptions, if the motherboard has auxiliary power connectors they aren't optional but required. I looked up the manual for your Abit motherboard before my first post and they are required.

foozy - yeah im sorry I forgot to mention that, all the motherboard lights came on, HDD came on, cd drive would open, all fans were spinning, just no video output...

mailpup - I will try to find an extra power plug to connect it and see if that fixes the problem... I will post after I try

EDIT: I found a 1 male to 2 female molex connector, and got it connected to the auxiliary power, but still nothing...

sounds like something's f'ed up in the circuitry. those power connectors might be malfunctioning. for what its worth, that system looks killer. hope it works for you. someone may have mentioned this already but have you tried hooking up another monitor to your sys?

Actually

I have a lian-li case, its the PC65 but Lian-Li in the same......

Check this out....when you install the video card, make sure it it fully seated into the PCI Express socket......DO NOT however secure the bracket to the back panal right away......hook up your VGA cable and see what happens....

On my case I have to very carfull when installing a video card because the back I/O panal and the card do not line up perfectly and when I secure the cards bracket to the case it pulls the card out of place just enough for it not to work......Its a design flaw in some Lian-Li Cases.....You actually have to bend the bracket on the video card to get a tigher fit against the back panal to secure it without pulling out.

So yeah, firmly insert your video card into the PCIx socket and then hook up the VGA cable and see if you get anything on your screen....If you do then very carfully secure the card to the case. AND FOR GOD SAKE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HOOK EVERY POWER CABLE UP THAT NEEDS TO BE HOOKED UP..... REQUIRERED MEANS REQUIRERED NOT LATER !!!!

Maybe the motherboard is not grounded properly? Check for any screws etc that might have lodged in between the case and mobo causing it to short out. If nothing still works, it's probably a bad mobo, seeing that you tried another video card as well as everything else possible.

Yeah

But he already replaced the mobo from the Asus to the Abit and it is still doing the same thing. It is possible that he does have somthing going on with the second Mobo as well, but its kinda strange that its the SAME EXACT thing.

It has to be somtthing with how the video card is sitting. As I said I have a known problem with my Lian-Li case with the video pulling out. I would almost assume this is his problem also.

I had the hardest time getting my 8800GTX to work due to this problem. But atleast I knew what the problem was prior to having my machine start up but not show anything. It took some doing also to bend the PCI bracket to fit tight, the metal on that 8800's bracket muct be titanium hehe....

Surkitz said:
sounds like something's f'ed up in the circuitry. those power connectors might be malfunctioning. for what its worth, that system looks killer. hope it works for you. someone may have mentioned this already but have you tried hooking up another monitor to your sys?

hah yet another thing i forgot to mention - yes I tried mine and my roommates monitors on both of the back ports of the video card but neither monitor had any display

JimShady - thanks for the idea, when I have breaks in my classes today, I will see if I can rearrange how the video card is sitting to see if that fixes the problem, I will post as soon as I get a chance

sry I havent gotten back until today... I checked the video card, and it is fully seated in place - i tried to rearrange it and start the computer up, but no luck... I tried to make sure I held it in place and it was securely in but nothing changed...

ok thanks for the help guys... I'll RMA the mobo, and I guess I'll get back to you when i get it all set back up again... thanks again

hey so in case anybody is still reading this or anything, I forgot to post a while back, but I sent back the 2nd motherboard AND the processor for replacements, and upon receiving the new part and installing them, my system was up and running, this has been bout a month now or so, so just thought I'd let you guys know, that it was either the motherboard, the processor, or (god help me) both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back