New computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i recently build a new computer. I'm not gonna list every part yet, but i am going to explain my problem in detail. I decided it was time to get a new computer so i purchased some new parts on newegg. A couple days later the parts came and i got all excited. After putting all the parts together in a case and plugging in the power supply, i got really disappointed. When i switched the power supply on button in the back of the computer, i tried turning on the comp and no go. It only gave this really annoying screeching sound. I suspect its a dead motherboard maybe. I need help asap! The mobo is : ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard.
I'm 100% i plugged everything in the right slot (power supply).

I tried booting up the mobo with two different power supply, the one that came with the case, and my original one i bought 6months ago or so~. They both did the same thing, right when i switched the power supply on or plugged it in, there was a beep, it was a long screech sound. I dont know if it came from the mobo or what but my LED light on the mobo never lit up. I tried the two power supplies on my old computer and they both worked fine.

your CPU is not getting power perhaps. You have an undersized or failed PSU... or your motherboard is shot. Check the mobo manual for your bios beeps or consult the website of the maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back