New computer. . . -sigh-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsie

So my old laptop finally bit the dust. I had to go and get a new one yesterday, sadly. And with this new comes a whole lot of stuff I know I don't need. It's a new Toshiba, so it has Windows Vista and it seems to have Windows Defender built right in. I have AVG free, Zonealarm, AVG anti-spyware or whatever that is, and all the other stuff that you're supposed to have. So I KNOW I don't need Windows Defender. But I have no idea how to get rid of it. It's in security and there isn't a turn off option or anything. Sooo, any help would be great.

No actually. I thought that at first too. But it's not even in there. So now I have no idea how to remove it lol.

Hi Rik. How you doing friend?

Hope you don't mind me posting this here.

From what I have learned Windows Defender is built in to Vista. Those who choose to not use it are best suited to simply turn off updating and scanning.
In short just turn it off.

Here is the guide from Windows Help. Turn Windows Defender on or off

Hope this helps.

evilfantasy said:
Hi Rik. How you doing friend?

Hope you don't mind me posting this here.

From what I have learned Windows Defender is built in to Vista. Those who choose to not use it are best suited to simply turn off updating and scanning.
In short just turn it off.

Here is the guide from Windows Help. Turn Windows Defender on or off

Hope this helps.

This is the easiest way to do it but if you want the service stopped completly click on start and type in the search box service manager and click enter

then scroll to windows defender, right click it and set it to disable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back