New computer won't power on after changing parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
fang_X said:
okay heres the thing, i just got a new second hand pc, working perfectly. as this pc is faster then my old one i decided to replace the ram and gpu with that of the new one. My old one had 2 gb (2 x 1 gb)ram and a 512 mb agp gfx card, the new pc had 1 gb (2x 512mb)and a 128 mb gfx card. so i exchange the parts, all rams were pc3200 184 dimms. once everthing was done, i plugged the new pc in and tried to start it up. now the screen doesent have any signal. not nowing why, i decided to trouble shoot. i replaced all the parts as they were originally, rams and gpu. still no luck the monitor still does not receive a signal. it also has onboard gpu that does not work either. when the new and old rams / gpu' are placed in my old pc they work fine witch leads me to belive its a mother board problem. but i may be wrong, any help would be much apreaciated

posted this in other section, not sure where to post

Motherboard problems are rare. Likely problem areas are memory, video graphics, cpu fan, cpu pins, etc.
Look for disconnected or loose cables and connectors. Remove and reseat everything.
Likely you have pierced the memory with a bit of static electricity... so test your memory modules one at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back