New Cooler for Pentium 4 EE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I was wondering if I should get a new heatsink for my Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition. I've had issues with overheating in the past but a lot of that was due to bad bad dust problems. I've heard if its overheating just due to dust it'd probably be a good idea to get a new one. Any thoughts? Thanks

You won't go wrong with the Zalman 7700Cu. Better still, get the Zalman 9700.

I've accidentally recommended the 7700 to a friend for his firebreathing Presscott, and it worked like a charm. I intended to recommend the 9700, but given that I was looking into micro-ATX at the time, I accidentally recommended the micro-ATX-friendly 7700....

The 7700 should be alot cheaper, and probably won't get into dust problems in a hurry, but the 9700 should outperform it by a large margin.

The 7700 is still the heaviest, and biggest cooler in physical dimensions available on the market. If you get the 7700Cu, it should have performance near that of the lighter, smaller, more expensive, more effective 9700Cu. I have a 7000Al-Cu, which is the 7700's little brother, and I have to say, it is one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. It works incredibly, and it looks cool.

the 9700 is smaller than the 7700 Cu? Hmm.... I just know that the 9700 performs much better, the heatpipes help alot, thats for sure.

Personally, if I'm going to spend money on an aftermarket cooler, I'd go for an all copper heatsink. The difference is minimal (but measurable), but given its something I'd be using for a long time, an extra 10 bux doesn't really bother me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back