New DVD Burner error, im stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiCubs05

if it matters this is the first time i have had trouble with this type of error, i just finished backing up over 20 movies from my parents collection last week, and today i got a weird error except i am backing up an iso.

i ripped the iso from dvd decrypter, and it said opperation finished successfully. then i try to burn and it gives me a "Check Condition Error, Cannot Write Medium" then i try burning the file with Nero and it says "Could not perform start of Disc-At-Once"

im stuck, i have no clue why this is happening, maybe a bad rip? ive tried ripping it several times and it says completed successfully, and ive tried burning just the mds file and then the whole image with the same error, please help me guys!!!

i just tried again with alcohol, and near the same error "Cannot write Medium-Incompatible Format" whats going on?

ChiCubs05 said:
if it matters this is the first time i have had trouble with this type of error, i just finished backing up over 20 movies from my parents collection last week, and today i got a weird error except i am backing up an iso.

i ripped the iso from dvd decrypter, and it said opperation finished successfully. then i try to burn and it gives me a "Check Condition Error, Cannot Write Medium" then i try burning the file with Nero and it says "Could not perform start of Disc-At-Once"

im stuck, i have no clue why this is happening, maybe a bad rip? ive tried ripping it several times and it says completed successfully, and ive tried burning just the mds file and then the whole image with the same error, please help me guys!!!

I"m a little confused here ChiCubs05...

on the 20 movies you backed up, these were disc to disc copies? Could it be possible that you "burned up" your burner? What version of Nero are you using? Have you tried turning off "Disk at Once"? Are you using a different manufacturers blank DVD's than you used before?

well all is wel now...i updated my firmware and installed some windows updates...and all is well now...really strange. i read that others are having the problem with the latest firmware. and i wouldnt classify the copies as disc to disc...i ripped the dvd's with shrink from my dvd-rom and then burned them with dvd decrypter.

not really sure why that error happened? weird...but all is well now, so no complaning!

Er, sounds like it's a problem with your media. Are you using the same DVD, or CD-R's as you were previously? Are they large enough? Did you by chance stick in a CD where a DVD should be?

That's cool ChiCubs05,
I usually only update the firmware on my CD/DVD burners right after I install them for the first time. I too use DVD Shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter. I also use a purchased copy of Slysoft AnyDVD to process DVD's as well as CD's for backing up. I also create .iso files and use DVD Decrypter to burn them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back