New Dvd-r/rw Wont Burn Properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a Pioneer DVR-A09 DVD/CD Writer the software that came with it is all Ulead. I am running XP SP2 and here is the problem...When burning a data DVD/RW it gets to 48 or 50 % and then says cant burn to disc. I have tried different files and it always comes up with the same thing. So I thought I would try CDBurner Pro XP it compeletes the brun with this program but it can only be read in my Pioneer DVD player. All other Cd Roms do not see the CD...error message says no disc in drive. I have used ISO 9660
Joliet as the file format for the burn...always the burner software is called burn.now if anyone can help it would be great or I am going to toss this thing throught the window !

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Cd-roms will not read a dvd disk.

That is why you can only use your dvd rewriter. A dvd-rom would also read the disk.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Can you post your system spec.
Before adding the DVD burner did you check to see if your power supply is up for it?

You might already know this but wanted to make sure before suggesting anything else.

A typical DVD burner requires 2.5A to operate, when you say it burns CDs ok, makes me feel like it has enough juice to complete the job as it is writing to the CD-R but when you try a DVD-R since it requires more it fails.

CD burning requires less around 1.5A.

Any other issues with your system since you added the burner? How are your ATA, SATA (if any) and optical drives setup as in Primary master slave, secondary ... give us a bit more info ... chipset ...ATA controller and etc...

Let us know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back