New EPOX 8KHA+ Beta BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if I like the idea of it being sent in from a "forum member". The bios is not something to mess around with on a mobo. You can totally render your board useless if it gets messed up or the bios update is no good.

Originally posted by svtcobra
I dont know if I like the idea of it being sent in from a "forum member". The bios is not something to mess around with on a mobo. You can totally render your board useless if it gets messed up or the bios update is no good.

I agree. But if you read the forum thread, the BIOS is actually sent by an EPOX staff ;)

Originally posted by lokem

I agree. But if you read the forum thread, the BIOS is actually sent by an EPOX staff ;)

From your original quote it stated that "this bios was sent in by a forum reader and it is dated 3/14/02."

I didnt see any reason in reading a thread from amdmb.com when you provided the info on the bios here on this thread. If you wanted to let people know that it was submitted by a "member of Epox's staff" then that is what should have been originally posted.

Im not trying to be rude here but you posted a quote from another website and I simply commented on that quote. Now you are telling me that I am wrong because I didnt take the time to read something that I thought you quoted correctly.

Do what you like as far as the bios goes but the old saying of "if it aint broken dont fix it" stands very true for a mobo bios.

Im not trying to be rude here but you posted a quote from another website and I simply commented on that quote. Now you are telling me that I am wrong because I didnt take the time to read something that I thought you quoted correctly.

Yes, I get what you mean. I apologize for that because I just read the forums. I'll be clearer and more thorough when posting articles/news next time. Thanks for the heads up.

Do what you like as far as the bios goes but the old saying of "if it aint broken dont fix it" stands very true for a mobo bios.

Perhaps that stands true for a certain group of people. But since EPOX has been such a darling to provide BIOS releases everytime and with performance gain, it's a very good reason to upgrade the BIOS.

Cobra has a point, it's the format or the presentation of your news that misled him & possibly others.
Just posting alot of url's w/o the actual news blurb, requires way too much reading to get @ the jest of the matter.

Notice how the Inquirer or Register formats their news.

Here's the prefered example:

[Subject] Lawyers sue spammer
[By Line] By John Geralds in Silicon Valley [18-03-2002]
[url]http://www.vnunet.com/News/1130171
quote:
The largest law firm in California (Morrison & Foerster) with more than 1,000 lawyers in 18 offices internationally, has filed suit against an email marketing company (Etracks) claiming it has bombarded it with thousands of unsolicited email advertisements.....

------------------------------------------------

Lawyers sue spammer
by Julio @ 9:37 PM - [Comments]http://www.3dspotlight.com/
The largest law firm in California, with more than 1,000 lawyers in 18 offices internationally, has filed suit against an email marketing company, claiming it has bombarded it with thousands of unsolicited email advertisements. Morrison & Foerster said its lawsuit against Etracks.com is based on two California anti-spam statutes. The first forbids the use of California-based equipment to transmit unsolicited email to the service provider's users if the provider's policy prohibits such use of its equipment.

The complaint also claims that Etracks violated a second statute because it failed to include in its email messages a subject line with the legally required advertising label. In addition, Etracks failed to include either a toll-free number or a valid return email address for removal from the marketer's lists.

Source:
VNUNet

One political forum was engaged in a lawsuit several years ago concerning reprints of news & copyrights®

Always include the by-line & the url to 'give credit where credit is do.

quote the main point (the guts or the punch line) to raise the readers interest, then the url to let him read the article if it strikes his fancy.

I have to agree with lokem when he says you should upgrade your bios because of performance increases. For freaks like me who try to get the most out of their system, I try and upgrade whenever possible to sqeeze extra performance out of my baby. :)

Also, even if your bios crash and die you can still buy a CMOS chip from the manufacturer of your mobo for about 6 dollars, and restore your system.

On one side I agree with you cheetah but I also feel that sometimes newer bios's can do more harm than good. I only feel this way because of my wonderful experience with MSI. Everytime they updated my K7 Master bios it would cause more and more problems. Anywhere from not running in 133fsb to not recognizing the correct CPU speed. Finally the most recent bios seems to be very stable.

The bios is one of the biggest places that you can get a performance gain by upgrading it. It also can cause the biggest headaches.

I can understand that. I haven't had a horror story yet (fingered crossed) so I can't related to you on that level.

I have an Abit board and they've always been good with their bios so I trust them to an extent.

Glad that your bios are running stable now though. Good Luck in this area in the future! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back