New files can't open on network share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have 2 computers on a domain, and want to share out a folder from one computer so the other computer can access the pdf files from the share. Both computers are win xp. I mapped the share and was able to open and view gthe pdfs. The problem is thereafter when new pdfs are created in this folder from the source, the other computer gets and access is denied kind of message when using acrobat. It's weird how some files can open and others cannot even though they are in the same folder.

If anyone knows what is happening, please let me know.

Thanks!

i presume you're using winxp Pro? may want to go right click the folder and there should be a tab about security/users or something (it has a list of people who can access the folder) check that teh users arnt read only setting but full access.. sorry for being a bit vague its been a while since i touched a pc with xpPro on it..

if you mean when it is open on both computers at the same time then you might get that access denied msg like you do when you try to open 2 word documents on different pcs.. just a thought..?

Thanks for the reply.

i have added the user under sharing and security tab, i just added them from the domain. I gave the user read-only permissions under both the security and sharing tab. should i provide full permissions under security?

i added full control under security and still no go. The user can only open some pdfs, not all.

If anyone has a solution, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back