New gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im putting together a new gaming pc in which i plan to play most of the latest games (mainly fps). I have an approximate budget of $2000 (New Zealand dollars =P)

Heres what ive come up with:
Motherboard: Asustek P5B Deluxe Intel P965 WiFi-AP ATX *
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz
Memory: G SKILL 1 GB DDR2-800 (PC-5400)
Video Card: Sapphire X1950Pro PCIE Video Card
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S182D 18X
Case: Raidmax Sagitta Gaming Tower Case 520W
Monitor: AOC 196S 19" LCD 8ms 1280x1024 Silver

I was hoping someone could tell me if this would all work together and if not, recommend similar parts that would (within the same money bracket)

Any help would be much appreciated

Nice system! making me wish I could afford it...

I'd recommend a better power supply, something like this. It's a very stable PSU, from what I've seen. Also, you might want to go widescreen w/your monitor; that's kind of up to you.

hope it works well for you (once youve got it built :) )

--kitty

Yeah that build will work perfect but if I was you I would get the RAM to 2gigs so you wont have to upgrade later in the future for games like Crysis

I would change that power supply ASAP if I were you. It's a crappy quality one and can make ur PC go boom very easily when it dies. Try Antec, Fortron FSP, Enermax, CoolerMaster and Thermaltake for good-quality, reliable and relatively inexpensive PSUs.

I say switch out your video card for an 8800gtx they are DX10 compatible and about 2-3 times faster then what your currently have. If that can fit in your budget (idk your currency).

Let me recommend to you this power supply.
nVidia 8800 GPUs are excellent, but did you want to spend that much? If so, something like this for a video card.
For RAM, get 2 sticks of this. It's cheaper to buy 2 of these than the 2gb package.
--kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back