New Gaming System Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have somehow gotten sucked back into the world of computer gaming. For the longest I was happy with my consoles, but after spending a week at my friends house who does not own a console at all. I need to get back into PC gaming. Just looking for a litte help on building my rig. So far I am thinking of A Asus P5N32 - Sli Deluxe board w/ Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz. And a eVGA 256-P2-N554-AX Geforce 7600GT video card. Can anyone recommend ram?, and not the crazy $$$ ram. Just stable and able to get me gaming.

I would get a least a gig of brand name ram if you're going to be gaming a bit. If you're a heavy gamer, at least 1.5gb of it.

OK I did some more research and I found that the motherboard I first chose has horrible overclocking ability. So I am going to go with a new motherboard, I am having trouble finding one. I am looking for one that is stable with decent overclocking abililty. Any help? How about you sir... . .. yes you reading this post. Help a gamer out.

Ok, heres my 2 cents, get the core 2 duo E6300, and get a better video card, or dont plan on playing at very high resolutions.

^ ok I don't want to step down the processor, but hey let me know what some good video cards are. I thought eVga made good video cards, thanks for the comment.

First, what is your budget for the system (or just the vid card)?

Ok video card is taken care of, my friend is giving me his. Good thing cause wow I never knew Video card can cost up to 500. So now I just need to know of a good motherboard that supports intels duo 2, and I will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back