New GPU or SLi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 7900GS and it works pretty well, but I really want to get Crysis and want it to run great. I don't know if I should buy another 7900GS and run them SLi, or just shell out some cash for the 8800GT. It's supposed to be the best card out pricewise. I can't figure out how the frame rates would compare. Should I upgrade? or just run SLi?

well if your the type of preson that must hae Dx10 then go for the 8800 GT but from what ive seen Crysis looks dam good in DX9 also i say two 7900 gs would rock a 8800gt just picture it like a two bears vs one human . not a pretty site =) but then agian it maters if your 7900 GS is overclocked or not

I disagree. I heard (can't remember where, could have been around here somewhere) that even if you SLI two cards they are not going to be as good as the next card up and so forth. Two 7900GS cards in SLI mode are not going to beat a 8800GT. And the only reason to go SLI is if you have a moniter with amazing resolution. I wanted to go SLI at one point then after reading and hearing more about it, it would be better just to go with a 8800GT or something like that.

SLI is not worth the added power and heat penalties unless you plan to game at 1600x1200 or higher. IMO, the Radeon HD 3870 would be a better bet than the 8800GT, with the price being far lower than the latter for the performance it provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back