New Graphics Card help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinone

You probably get this all the time, but im shopping for a new graphics card. at the moment i have an ati 9600xt which is rubiish XD.
I have a VIA P4VM800 mobo with an AGP 8X Slot. im looking to spend around £100 on this and i am a serious gamer, so i need something capable of playing pretty much anything on full. i prefer ATI and i was told the X850 was the best for AGP but i dont think it is. does anyone know what i should get?

2GB RAM
3.0GHz P4 HT CPU
XP
Radeon 9600XT

The best for AGP8X is the Geforce 7800GS, but I'm sure it won't cost £100 lol :)

For that budget, the best card would be a X800GTO, a 7600GS or maybe a 7600GT, but I'm afraid that a good, high-performing card won't cost £100.

Regards :wave:

How much is £100? I dont remember the exchange into USD :haha:

Well yeah what Wolf said is that the 7800 is probably the best card befor switching to a PCI-E card ( which you dont have because you have AGP )

So it's up to you, Personaly I would just upgrade my mobo, RAM and Processor and get a 7900GT or 8800 so I can get some nice graphics + good resolution ;)

The 7800GS would probably cost around £200 or so. The best choice for £100 would be the X850XT PE. However, make sure ur PSU is able to handle the new card, since it is a sucker for power so a 300W supply just won't cut it :).

A 400W PSU is able to power a X850XT PE. I have one, and it works very well with my FSP PSU.

wolfram said:
A 400W PSU is able to power a X850XT PE. I have one, and it works very well with my FSP PSU.

Ahh, but you also have an incredible amount of Amperage on it (psu) as well :eek: ! I doubt my Generic 450Watt would hold up to the X850XT PE (it only has 18A/12V Rail).

wolfram is right on the 7800GS. high oc ability (oc'd from manufacturer already) but you can go higher. Yah, its a $200+ card, but it hangs with a lot of the newer stuff out there.

Hmm.... What the hell does Body Flex have to do with a graphics card?

Anyways, If you plan on going to the OCing side of gaming then get SLI 7800s or 7900s ( depending on your price range ) since they both have great clock speeds that you can rise even higher :)

TimeParadoX said:
Hmm.... What the hell does Body Flex have to do with a graphics card?

Anyways, If you plan on going to the OCing side of gaming then get SLI 7800s or 7900s ( depending on your price range ) since they both have great clock speeds that you can rise even higher :)

Stupid advertisers have been here since before I signed up. I don't know why they do this but it's stupid to :mad: .

I would second the 7600GT. It's a powerful mid-high end card and can run most games on full detail at 1024x768 very easily.

Very nice! thnks guys looks like i will buy this card then. thanks again for your help.!
wave.gif

Yeah, I just got the 7600GT on my AM2 system ( just to try it out ) and it plays Battlefield 2142 / FEAR on high-medium so it's great for the price :)

It wasnt a AGP card but PCI-e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back