New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am trying to find a new/better graphics card for my computer.... Here are the specs

Code:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       System Model: AWRDACPI
               BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.3GHz
             Memory: 512MB RAM
          Page File: 295MB used, 954MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

I have a 500-600watt power supply. My Mainboard is a k7n2 Delta MS-6570L. I am looking into buying the SAPPHIRE 100171L Radeon X1950PRO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Video Card. It is what I think might be the best one I can find for my computer and myself. I am a big gamer. I play want to play Oblivion and all of the other top games that are out right now. I currently have a Geforce 5200, so I am very limited on what I can do. I am buying another Gig of ram as well. What I need to know is, will my computer be able to handle this card and is this card worth the $174.99 I am about to fork out for it? And is there a better card out there for about the same price? My computer is not PCI-Express compatible. Only AGP and PCI. Thanks alot for the help.

Also...My monitor is VGA...the card is DVI can someone point me to a good adapter so I could use the card?

Thank you for the input. But I also need to know where to find an adapter since my monitor is VGA and the card has DVI slots. And also is this card better then the other one I stated? ATI Radeon X1650 Pro / 512MB GDDR2 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / HDTV / Video Card. I don't think so, but I need some other opinions. Also need to know if the X1950Pro will work on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back