New graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowman

i need some input for my next purchase. which card is faster and has better overclocking abuility. i am getting both for cheap and was wondering which would be a better choice.

Geforce 4 ti4600 128mb

ATi 9500 pro 128mb

The Radeon 9500 Pro is the card I'd go for. It supports Directx 9 and in a number of cases AA and Anisotropic filter perform better than the Geforce Ti4600.

Edit:
The Geforce4 Ti4600 is still a great card. In non-AA situations, it is better than both the Radeon 9500 Pro as well as the GeforceFX 5600 Ultra. However, once AA, Aniostropic filtering, (or both!) are enabled the Radeon 9500 Pro jumps ahead of the Geforce4 Ti4600.

Also note that AA will look better on the Radeon 9500 Pro due to Ati using rotated grid anti-aliasing instead of the ordered grid method.

The 9500 pro serie's are discontinued, but are still state of the art!
If you want a card that has ultra high fps and don't care that the grapics are a bit less then go for the Ti4600 while if you want to game in high qualiti you should go for the 9500pro.

The preformance in in lower graphics is mutch greater with the Ti4600 while the aTi series outrun the nVidia cards in image quality once AA and AF is turned to high the TI fals behind.

It depends on what you want to do. If you are doing graphical work or want to game just in high fps with less qualiti then you should go for the Ti4600 while if you want to game in high qualiti you should go for the 9500pro.

To conlude
9500pro
- for gaming in high qualiti image(gets lower frames than Ti in low qualiti)
- price(think the 9500 is cheaper) not sure

Ti 4600
- If your doing graphical work
- gaming in lower quality (any resolution)

Greets Crazy,

PS: might have said things a few time's was doing 20things at once and the post took me about an hour :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back