New Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to install a new hard drive on my Dell Latitude ..but I am not able to install Windows on it..I keep getting the message: No Boot Sectors On Hard Disk

I do not have a boot disk for this and do not know how to fix this problem, I did get access to BIOS and was able to disable the Administrator password, so everthing is fix so that I can access everything...

Can anyone help me My 1st booting is CD-ROM and 2nd is the Hard Drive..but just cant seem to get things going.

What hard drive did you buy? If you got one that came in a plastic wrap and no box, you need to setup the drive using the manufacturers software available online.... for every brand except Toshiba.

Once you run the downloaded setup driver, you should reboot. Then boot to your CD... being sure you boot to your Windows or Recover disc from a cold boot after assuring that your jumper on your drive is properly set to Master or Cable select... unless you have a SATA drive.
Be sure you have your BIOS software and chipset drivers, as well as video graphics drivers handy.
You will find everything you need at the laptop manufacturer's web site.

Thank You, got it working...I tried a different Windows installation disk..and it worked...was something about the disk that I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back