New HD probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have recently bought a 120gb Maxtor HD. I connected it as a slave then ran it with a 40gb HD as primary.

Everything was fine, I then partioned it with partion magic 7, and installed a full version of XP pro on it, no probs.

What I then wanted to do was operate it as a primary HD, with an 80gb slave (that I have a lot of information still on), this is where my probs have started.

When trying to boot up I get "Missing NTLDR" and cannot boot any further, after reading some threads I think it's because my bios won't recognize a large drive. I have tried looking through bios to find a setting change for large drives but cannot find anything.

Can anyone out there help me, I think I may need to update my bios somehow but this is where I am completly lost, I don't now where to start or even find out what motherboard I have.

Cheers for any advice

I have a P4 1.5 ghz processor.

Your problem is not with the BIOS, else you'd have never gotten that far. The problem is that when you swapped the drives around, it no longer knows where NTLDR is located. Boot from the Windows CD and use the Recovery Console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back