New Heatsinks for my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilmog

Hey, recently i have been thinking about buying some new heatsinks for my computer, in hopes of being able to overclock it. I am looking for a new heatsink for my CPU, and GPU.
My Specs
-AMD Athalon 64 3500+ socket 939
-Nvidia 7800 GTX
Also, if you have any advice on ways to take off your old heatsinks, please tell me. Any help/suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks! :)

athlon 64s run very cool even with the stock heatsinks, and should allow you to overclock without having to buy another heatsink. you may want to remove, clean, apply good thermal paste, and reseat it though.

the heatsinks for socket-939 are relatively easy to remove. you simply rotate the "handle" until the bracket moves freely, then with a flathead screwdriver remove the bracket from the tab. once the bracket is free you will be able to rotate the heatsink a little both ways until it breaks free. be sure to rotate it free, do not just pull up on it because you may pull the CPU from the socket and bent or break off the pins (which would render your CPU useless)

get some arctic silver 5, it's commonly known as the best thermal paste available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back