New Icons ....Alienware custom icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypenry

I was looking at possibily changing my Windows XP media Edition Pro Icons
to some thing a bit more striking ..? and came across this ......

http://www.alienware.com/intro_pages/invader.aspx

Icons

Bold and exciting Alienware custom icons create an unforgettable visual atmosphere for your desktop. From the Internet to the Recycling Bin, your Alienware icons will set a new standard for style.

just wondering if any forum members have tried them...?

your comments and advice most welcome

Thanks...........Mypenry

Icon Changing has been around for a while with XP.

Themexp.org has them, and im sure others do too. StyleXp is a good program for customizing your xp. Watch for viruses or spyware on themexp though, my virus scanner has acted up a few times on that site. It isnt the downloaded file, but it occurrs when you download. Downloading to the current/default folder without switching seems to avoid viruses however.

Thanks... Bluemouse

I will have a look at the site, do you know any one who has downloaded
the Alienware custom icons ...?

Thanks......... Mypenry

I have all the alienware themes Because I have an alienware laptop

The only thing I like about it is the media player GUI

I have had the icons in the past on my ALX and the only cool thing about it is how they look. The theme manager ( which is what you use to install them) can mess with windows and I and a few others i know have uninstalled them for that very reason. They led to sudden crashes and restarts. However if its looks you want i would say go for it they shouldnt do anything harmfull ( i hope). On that note go ahead and install them and reply on how they work out

just my thoughts here... why would alienware release their icons to everyone, they should have made it exclusive to their customers but w/e :)

I installed the Alienware theme manager yesterday. It makes for an awesome desktop. So far no crashes or restarts. My system seems to run just fine. Hopefully it stays that way.

You shouldn't have any issues with the theme manager.

Having Alienware Icons over clocks your CPU and add more ram.....J/K obviously.

Have fun with the theme manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back