New Laptop with the dreaded blue screen prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru1thirst

Well I bought a new Asus z70va and love it but after about 2 days I got the blue screen. I've ran the mem test and no problems there or at least the ram "passed" 0 errors. I did update my x700 card drivers from the Asus site and still got the error about 2 days later. I then rolled it back and same thing. I'll try to zip my minidump here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

All your minidumps crash at ar5211.sys. This is the driver for your wireless lan card. Apparently this is a known issue.

Take a look at this article HERE

Regards Howard :) :)

Howard, thanks a ton! Believe it or not, that is good news. I received all 3 of those blue screens before I went to windows update about 2 hrs ago. When I did the scan the wlan driver update popped up. I updated it right away. So maybe this will take care of it? Do you think it was just an old driver with the Atheros 5005 card?

yep just did thanks. Was just wondering if that was the only thing that showed up in the minidumps? I'm hoping so. If not, I'm sure I'll be back with a new file. Lucky you. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back