New LCD logic 20" screen. When booting up pc comes up with "out of range" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Knight123

Hi

I have recently bought an LCD logic LCX20LN1 20" tv which has a pc input. When i booted up my pc with the new screen attactched, just after the windows loading screen came up it came up with this message on the screen "out of range". I heard that this happens when you purchase a new monitor but have still not found any help on the internet about how to fix it. I am using Windows XP. Also the TFT screen that i used before that was 17" if that helps.

Thanks

Did you uninstall the drivers for your previous monitor before installing the new one?

"out of range" is most commonly caused by a resolution\frequency setting that the monitor does not support.

Im quite new to monitors and have never changed any settings with them before. Where would i find the drivers? If this helps determaning the drivers when looking at the display properties each tab has an ATI symbol by it. Sorry i dont know more.

I have just seen on the front of the instruction manual that it says that the resolution can only be 640x480. When going to the display properties i see that the lowest is 800x600. But just above that slider is the choice of two screens, one is the primary monitor, and the other one is the secondary monitor which can go down the 640x480. Could you give me some advice on what to do.

Thanks

is this a computer monitor or a TV that has inputs for connecting to a computer? what you are describing sounds more like a TV out type set up. which is used to view video from the computer on a tv screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back