New modem router slows down PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkshirewench

I've just purchased a Wireless N1 Modem Router and have set it up to connect two computers. However, since installing the hardware it seems to slow down my computer every so often. It's most noticeable if I stream a video online or play a video using Real or Windows Media Player. Every so often the video and audio slows down for a couple of seconds and then plays okay again until the next time.

I thought it might have something to do with my audio or video drivers so I updated them but it didn't solve the problem. I figured it must have something to do with the new modem router so I disabled the network connection and all videos play fine. Once I enabled the network connection again, the problem came back. This happens on both computers. I was just wondering if anyone else has reported this before and whether there is a solution or not. We haven't changed our broadband provider and used to have a Belkin Wireless G Modem Router prior to this and had no problems. It`s just since we installed the new hardware/software.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm still none the wiser as to the exact problem the N1 modem router caused my PC but after exchanging the hardware for a G modem router (which is what I had originally) I no longer have any problems with my audio/video.

did you connect the modem to the system using USB?

this will drive extra cycles that a normal ethernet connection would not,
especially for gaming/video streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back