New Monitor Gone Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a new gateway monitor(FPD1830) that has gone dark, barely able to read the screen. I leave my computer on overnite and one morning it was dark. I have tried changing the brightness, contrast, resolution and color quality. I have found that when i press the 'auto' button on the monitor screen it goes into 'auto configuration' and looks normal but then back to dark. Thanks for any help! :knock:

MichA427 said:
Hello. I have a new gateway monitor(FPD1830) that has gone dark, barely able to read the screen. I leave my computer on overnite and one morning it was dark. I have tried changing the brightness, contrast, resolution and color quality. I have found that when i press the 'auto' button on the monitor screen it goes into 'auto configuration' and looks normal but then back to dark. Thanks for any help! :knock:
More likely than not the inverter is going dead. Click here for examples of parts and equivalents.

Call GATEWAY for an RMA. When you do get the replacement, make sure to leave it on for burning-in, a well design inverter should last forever or for as long as the monitor lasts, even if it had to drive 6 flourescent tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back