New Monitor Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer

I'm looking at getting my son a monitor for his birthday, and some insight as to what are the better models would be helpful. I kinda narrowed it down to a ViewSonic P95f+ and the Nec FE991SB.

Anyway, if you all have ideas let me know...

Later....

Actually, the brand and model of the monitor is irrelevant. What the question to ask is "what is the main purpose of his computing?" If it is gaming, then you wil be looking for a monitor that is compatible with video cards using 64MB RAM or higher, although 32MB will work for most games. If he uses the computer mostly for Word Processing, Excel (or Spreadhseet), email and casual Internet useage, then 32MB video is fine. Programming in Visual Basic, 32MB or higher. Graphics, 128MB RAM and higher.

Fortunately, most models on today's market meet any of the above requirements, so your selection is huge. But again, the question is "what is the main purpose of his computing" then take it from there.

1-How much money do you want to spend
2-Does he play alot of games,If he does the higher the refresh rate the better
3-I have both types of monitors and they are both good brands
4-Good luck :grinthumb

Sorry guys, you're right, I forgot to mention a few things. It will be used mostly for gaming, have to be under $300US, aperture grill CRT. Think that about covers it.

He runs mostly at 1280x1024, so if it does that at 80hz, I thought that should be fine...

Later....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back