New motherboard. Games not working, lag every 3 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyBoy1

Uh, I have this weird problem ever since I bought a new motherboard. The old one had melted <_< in some way. Ok, I formated my computer and installed everything again, and it's fine, except when I try to play games. (NOTE: I get this problem 1/2 of the time when I use the computer. Sometimes the computer works just fine, and sometimes I have this problem. I don't know what triggers it though.)

When I play CS, I get lag every 2-3 seconds, on any server (even lan, if I don't host the game myself). Also, in another game I play, Gunzonline, I seem to move faster when I have this problem. People in game say that I move faster too. This decreases my performance and makes the game practically unplayable. I downloaded all correct drivers, but it didn't work.. I would be really thankful if anyone could help me.

ALSO: Sorry for my bad english, it is not my first language.

What are your system specs and what games are you trying to play?

You might not have an up to date video card that's able to play the games (i.e. bf2 and a mx5500 don't work to well..)

mossimoboy said:
What are your system specs and what games are you trying to play?

You might not have an up to date video card that's able to play the games (i.e. bf2 and a mx5500 don't work to well..)

I have a radeon x800 card, 1gb ram and 3.2 processor. I am trying to play counter strike and gunzonline. But my games worked perfectly well before I bought the new motherboard, and I had the same specs during that time.

When you reinstalled windows did you reinstall your motherboard drivers?

ok.

start->run->msinfo32<enter>
select export to text file and attach the file to this thread so we can have a view in your soft-/hardware config.

mmm, lag CS on x800... impossible... what CS you use, what mod and what version you using for CS, and have you considering using the OverDrive Program provided by ATI and god forbid it, DO NOT LET microsoft install their own OEM drivers, they dont provide support for OPENGL...

What old motherboard spec? Im guessing that your motherboard keep flicking your P4's balls... (sry for bad language :) )

mm-hmmm-hmmm-hmmm, my best guess is you are running too many program background or your bios are not set in high perfomance?

Tell us more and we will answer it asap

Lucan

bushwhacker said:
mmm, lag CS on x800... impossible... what CS you use, what mod and what version you using for CS, and have you considering using the OverDrive Program provided by ATI and god forbid it, DO NOT LET microsoft install their own OEM drivers, they dont provide support for OPENGL...

What old motherboard spec? Im guessing that your motherboard keep flicking your P4's balls... (sry for bad language :) )

mm-hmmm-hmmm-hmmm, my best guess is you are running too many program background or your bios are not set in high perfomance?

Tell us more and we will answer it asap

Lucan

It would help if you told me how to check, XD. <_< I'm playing CS 1.6 no mods, but that's like the only thing I can answer right now x_x

Hello :)

I'm not sure what I would do in a situation like this, but I think one or more guidelines I woud consider:

Checking The temperature of the CPU and other zone's.

Installing a different Ethernet Device.

Cleaning\Replacing all of the fans in the unit.

Adding a Cooler to the CPU.

Checking for a hard drive faliure, replacing all of the IDE cables, Installing the chipset driver.

If possible I would check\confirm the AGP card & Ethernet Device on a different machine.

Assuring that all of the cables (From the wall mount through the PS2 to the RJ45\12\18 are firmly tightened, and not faulty.

**//UPDATE\\**

Uh, I tried to reinstall the motherboard drivers.. And it works! But only until I shut down/restart the computer -___-.. I can start the computer, download the drivers, install, then play, but I have to do this everytime I want to play. Frustrating. Also, it wont work at all with my HP keyboard. But yeah, it works on my other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back