New motherboard windows default driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaizan91

i was planing on changing the motherboard for my pc and in an article it said to prevent having to reapir windows installation, i must do the following
"change the IDE+AGP controller driver to the Windows default driver (Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller and PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge respectivelly)"
now i don't know how to do that been searching in device manager and google. even if it doesn't prevent me from reinstalling windows its worth a shot so any ideas please...?

Usually what you need is listed under BIOS, Chipset, and Video Graphics...
Being able to prevent repairing the existing windows installation has a lot more to do with Windows. A windows restore disc, or an OEM disk will likely cause you problems. You need to have a full version of Windows.
Windows will detect that you have changed motherboards, and will likely lock up.
Be sure to save your data before you do anything else... as you may have to reformat and reinstall.

I do not know the anwer to your question. You were asking about Motherboard Drivers, and I was telling you what they usually are or how they are listed.
Usually the "Windows Default Driver" is part of Windows... but it will be listed under those other names on the Computer manufacturer website, or the motherboard manufacturer website.
They usually list downloads to make the motherboard work... they are BIOS, Chipset, and the other items that are integrated into the motherboard build... Audio Graphics, Ethernet, and Audio... if they are not integrated into the motherboard, but are on pci, agp, pci-e, or USB slots, they will not be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back