New NT/AuthorityShutdown Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combatjack

Hello

I have a big problem.

One of the computer in the my house is showin that NT/Authority Virus. It is all up to date on the windows updates. And i am reading all of these forums describing it happes only a few times. This happens every time. I try to go to do the shutdown -a in run but there is no lower tool bar that even pops up.

I have not been able to really do anything. I would really like some help.

P.S. Also i was thinkin of taking the hard drive out of that computer and putting it into the second slot into mine.(The infected computer is my parents) Or if i just put that one in and take mine out will it start up faster gving me time to run the shutdown -a command Or are those bad ideas

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Download and run the Microsoft malicious software removal tool from HERE.

Once you`ve done that, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Combatjack only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well i got alittle restless last night and i just decided to hook it up to my computer other spot for a hard drive and transfered all the documents now i just need to reformat the computer.

Ok, no problem.

Thanks for letting me know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Combatjack only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back