New NVIDIA Drivers Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

I downloaded the new Forceware 52.16 Drivers from NIVIDIA'S website. Problem...ADD/REMOVE Programs is not letting me remove my old drivers...I click on remove and nothing happens...so I tried to just install the new drivers....got to the setup screen and I get this;

NVIDIA Windows 2000/XP Display Drivers
An error occured while launching the setup. (0x80040702)

Anybody know what is going on?

I have GeForce FX 5600 256 and XP Home....

I know they just came out today, but I've never had a problem updating new drivers before this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to remove the old drivers first, else you are asking for trouble.
Try disabling your AV software while installing the drivers. Many installers have problems when AV is enabled

All my AV programs are off and or stopped.
The problem is, ADD/REMOVE Programs is not letting me remove the old drivers...
how else can I uninstall the old drivers?

I'd really appreciate anyones insight....I can't remove the old drivers, I can't install the new ones....it makes no sense.
I've never had this problem before with any of the detonators...plus my roommate just successfully downloaded and installed the new ones right in front of me, LOL...

Go to Device Manager and right-click to uninstall your display adapter, then install your new drivers. That's worked for my ATI card in the past.

hey man:

u can use regedit !!!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" ur vga cared "

and delete it!! good luck!!^^

Hi, did you solve this problem??

I'm having a similar problem removing Nforce drivers, i can't un-install them, and when i try to install over them, the install program simply shuts down imidiatly.

Just wondering how you managed to remove them?

Hobo

Well thats the problem... i can't update them becus there currupt, and i can't uninstall them, becus again they are currupt.

I'd really like to know how to manually delete them.... the drivers, the registry entries, everything!

But i'm not too worried, 'cus ive repaired the nforce agp to pci bridge drivers that were initially causing me trouble. They only thing i can't do is update the entire motherboard driver set in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back