New Opera Security fix release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
A number of security issues have been fixed in Opera, click here to see the full changelog.

"Fixed a URI obfuscation weakness enabling impersonation of legitimate web sites. Illegal characters in addresses will be stripped. This addresses Security Focus Bugtraq ID #10517.
Solved frame injection vulnerability that allowed for spoofing (Secunia Advisory SA11978).
Solved certificate verification problem."

Click here to download version 7.52 now.

<sarcasm>
Stop using Opera..it's insecure
</sarcasm>

The pendulum swings..

Nobody is error proof and generaly OPERA correct VERY rapidly its mistakes....

It's funny how when it's the competitor's product people say "Don't use that crap! It's dangerous." But when it's the product they use it's "Well nobody is perfect". LOL

I use Opera as my main browser, I'm using 7.50 right now on this, and 7.51 on another computer I have here, and 7.52 on the ones at work. One thing I can say I don't like about it is that when you have to get the latest version, there is no update, you have to re-install it and then re-apply all your settings.

Unless I'm missing something....

The one thing I can't stand about Opera is that when i use the close mouse guesture with only one tab open, it only closes that tab. So I end up with a browser open and no pages. I wish it would just close the whole browser when there is only one tab left. I haven't used Opera in a long time, so if there is a setting for this, let me know. It's such a small thing, but it annoys the crap out of me.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
I use Opera as my main browser, I'm using 7.50 right now on this, and 7.51 on another computer I have here, and 7.52 on the ones at work. One thing I can say I don't like about it is that when you have to get the latest version, there is no update, you have to re-install it and then re-apply all your settings.

Unless I'm missing something....
You just install over the old version; all your settings will then be retained... But I do agree on that it's a pity that they do not release patches for it :(
On the other hand the whole Opera release (without Java) is about as large as your averge IE update :p

abc; I do not think it is possible to close opera like that, you can always send them a feature-wish, they might listen to you... (or it could also be a hidden feature in the opera6.ini configuration file...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back