Not open for further replies.

vr77

Just built a new pc

Specs
asus a8n sli board
1gb memory
nvidia 7900gt
160gb hard drive

I'm having problems playing games. At first I was getting a .dll error (d3dx9_27.dll) so I downloaded it. Now, I installed two games Oblivian and FEAR and I'm getting this error "unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode"

Can someone please help me

Update ur drivers to the latest version from NVIDIA's website. Also, do u mean u downloaded DirectX 9.0C or did u download that specific file? Download DirectX 9.0C plus the latest upgrades for it as well. Or u can install them from the Oblivion/FEAR DVD as well.

need some help with updating graphics card drivers. Went to nvidias site clicked on download drivers, but didn't see my card listed there. Any help would be appreciated

Here is a direct link to the drivers. Click on it and click accept on the page that appears and the drivers will start downloading. After it's finished, just run the file and keep clicking Next/Ok and let the drivers install. Then it will offer u to restart ur computer. Do so and after it restarts, try running ur games. Tell me what happens.

Thanks a lot. It's a big file and I'm using dial-up, so it will take me a while.

do I need to remove the old drivers before installing the new?

Installed new drivers but still no luck. I'm having some direct x issues. I currently have direct x 9.0b. downloaded 9.0c and installed it. but when I check my status my computer is saying I still have 9.0b.

Tried that still no change. Under the directx diagnostic tool it's saying the file qasf.dll is an old version which may cause problems, you should reinstall directx. Problem is I can't

Reached the point of pure frustrstion now

WTF? Never seen this kinda problem...Try a system restore, shouldn't hurt to do so. If that doesn't give results, u should probably format ur HDD and re-install Windows and everything else, coz I'm outta ideas. Or wait for another TS member to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back