New post, ok, but > no lcd screen/mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honvetops

Hi group, I'm new here, I need some help.
I belong to another forum and found yours and thought I'd give her a try.*
My 2nd build and I have a problem. MSI P6N SLI Platinum Mobo (<I'm reading very good reviews on this mobo [newegg]), Pent 4 650, G-Skill 2x (1gig) 800MHz. Zalman 9500 artic5, dual volt 500w psu,(2) seagate 320's raid-0, (2) samsung dvd 18r,samsung floopy, media card reader. All new hdware and case. GPU > BFG7600GT
microsoft media keyboard, micro-corded op mouse. (POST*) just about everything comes on, I modified case a bit ,4 fans, led's, cpu fan, lights, northbridge fan, graphics card fan, all work.
Front case lights work, power switch works.
Connecting septre 19" lcd to 1st DVI connection on graphics card. I am getting "no" signal to monitor, nor is the mouse working? Keyboard comes on, graphics card is in the 1st PCI-E slot (seems tight enough), re-connected most everything at least once. I get no beeps at all? An Orange mbo light comes on righ away and a green light between the pci- slots comes on. Any ideas? I am hoping I did something stupid ;-( ......

Hello.
What is a "samsung floopy" jk
Have you attempted a bare essential setup?
psu
mobo
cpu
1 stick ram
video card- power plugged in?
keyboard w/o mouse

Has the lcd been tested on another machine?

Yes

Yes, everything seems to be ok but the darn monitor and mouse?

The 7600 Gt card spins , it powers directly thru mobo, tried the monitor and mouse on my WORKING* Emachine << don't laugh :bounce:

I just went ahead and took off the cpu fan, double checked cpu placement, reconnected everything, added power to floppy, reset bios (took battery out 1 minute) I went thru the response from MSI tech support and did basically what they said, still no signal to monitor?

I think my ego might have to sit down and I will have to take to the puter guy and pay him!!! dam

Huh???

[
Connecting septre 19" lcd to 1st DVI connection on graphics card. I am getting "no" signal to monitor, nor is the mouse working? Keyboard comes on, graphics card is in the 1st PCI-E slot (seems tight enough), re-connected most everything at least once.

This is probably a stupid question, one which I'll live to deeply regret but how can you tell the mouse isn't working if you have no monitor? No one's laughing about the Emachine (well, I'm not anyway) In fact I used mine to post my dumb question.

mouse not working

Its a basic microsoft entry level "optical" black corded mouse, [the light don't come on]*. It has the usb adapter attached, i took off and tried both ways, the light on the mouse never comes on so I guess I am assuming it doesn't work as well.

I emailed MSI tech support, have done 1 week worth of reading on this and my main forum isn't any help. I guess before taking to my repair guy, I am taking it all apart and start the simple process from the beginning.

mobo (in the box)
psu
1 stick of ram
cpu & fan
graphic card

then I'll plug those 2 items in and see what happens. *

I can't think of any other option ?

Emachines to the Rescue

If your board has a PS2 mouse & keyboard sockets why not try the crappy OEM roller ball PS2 mouse & keyboard that Emachines desktops generally come with. I have two sets and I'm never throwing them away for just this reason.
If the light doesn't come on on the USB mouse, could it be that there's not +5.0 volts going to it? Power supply problems? Or, the USB is not being detected yet. USB mice & keyboards are quirky, needing BIOS configuration to wake the computer from standby & they use up unnecessary USB terminals. I'm probably old school so this paragraph is the Op-Ed part of the program.
Is the USB enabled in BIOS?

Are you also plugging the four pin power block (P4 intel) from the psu into the motherboard. It's additional to the 20 pin..

Also from pcstats
"On nForce 650i SLI series motherboards, the preferred manner of implementing SLI appears to be the physical SLI switch. This is a small card which must be physically switched around to go from 'normal mode' in which the full 16 lanes of PCI-Express are available to a single videocard, and 'SLI mode' in which both videocards receive 8 PCI Express lanes each."

This MoBo does have some very nice features! Well worth sorting out..

U KNOW* i don't think I tried the emachine mouse / keyboard thats great advice! thanks much*
I only have the one 7600 GT card, so I don't think any sli enabling is needed, right? let me know if im wrong* I really like this board 158.00 newegg (looks anyway) I probably should have went ahead and got the 680'i s ( 240.00- 340.00) but, I was kinda stretching the budget out on this one and wanted the 2 hd's and dvd's. I don't do any OC'ing now and when I'm ready this board will allow me to at least go at it some~

The zalman 9500 matched again'st the copper pipes looks so sweet... (EVEN) if it don't work right yet ;-(

appreciate both your replies* will give her a try tonight late when I get home.*

YES* THE 4 pin is in there next to the 20 and I have the extra 4 pin inserted on the board too by the cpu area*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back