NEW PS2 POWER PROBLEM! need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

red reaper0

( this is a copyed msg from another thread because i have same exact problem and dont wanna retype it. Credit too FuryX21 on gpplanet.net )

I just tried to open up my PS2 and clean the lens because I was getting disc read errors. So after I got all the screws off and attempted to take the lid off and it wasn't budging, I realized that I had the PS2 flipped on the wrong side (the top of the PS2 was facing down on the desktop and the bottom was facing up). When I flipped it over right-side up and removed the top cover, the ribbon slid out from the area holding it. I didn't tug hard, and the ribbon just came sliding out as if it was supposed to. The ribbon didn't tear or rip, one end just came loose. The other end is still taped down to the inside top of the PS2 cover where the power and eject buttons are. Sure enough, when I plugged in the power cord and tried to turn it on, it didn't work. I noticed that there are some lines on one side of the loose end of the ribbon, as if to imply that the ribbon is supposed to be connected or taped down to something. Does anyone know exactly how and where that free end of the ribbon is supposed to go? I see a bunch of wires in the area where the ribbon came loose but I don't see any specific fit for the ribbon

Is there any way to fix this or am I screwed? There should be because the ribbon has no damage and they sell replacements....just cant find a guide. Thanks to anyone that reads this.

Hi,

i had the same problem with the laser ribbon and it is quite easy to fix. Take both the top and bottom cover off, you may need to unscrew some components such as the controller connectors and the power supply. After you have done this you should have all the electrical components in clear sight. Then look if any other ribbons have been dislodged, and if not there is only one hole where you could plug it in. Plug it in here - you may need to unclip the "clip" that holds the ribbon. make sure that you can fully unclip the clip because it needs to be on a 90 degree angle to the ribbon, if this is not possible, you may need to dislodge some more components but try first and if not possible let me know and i'll see if I can help.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back