Intel Q6700 Quad Core 2.6
DFI Lanparty ICFX3200-T2R/G
4GB PC6400 OCZ Platinum Ram 4-4-4-15
2X Sapphire HD 2900Pros flashed to 2900XT
1X ATI All in Wonder 2006
Crossfire enabled
X-Navigator Case with plenty of cooling
Apevia Quartzpower 750W PSu dual 12V rails with 30a a piece

when I try to play Blacksite area 51 the computer powers off instantly. The power LED is still on but nothing else is running, must be unplugged and plugged back in before it wil reboot, I have done everything I can think of. even turned off the reboot on overheat in bios. I have tried putting a box fan next to the case blowing on the video cards, I just don't know what is going on. It also happened when I played hl2, I reloaded new drivers for everything and now I can play hl2 but still no black site. I have tried with both the original 2900 PRO settings and the flashed 2900XT settings

Theres a possibilty that your computer isn't being supplied with enough power. Check out this site http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine. That site calculate your power, but there shouldn't be a problem considering you mentioned you have a Apevia Quartzpower 750W PSu installed. But I guess its worth a check.

the Calculator shows 624w, so my 750 should be enough, I am not sure if this is a power consumption issue or an over heat issue, I have everest installed and it shows that my video card never exceeds 60C

You didn't say which Windows OS

But you need to turn off automatically restart in Control Panel - System - Advanced - Startup settings area.

Also check your events in Control Panel - Admin Tools for any errors

This can be video and sound driver related too.

Hmm, I don't have much experience with ATI cards. I have always used nvidia cards and found that run at or around 60C so I am assuming ATI cards would be much the same. What are your processor temperatures like?

Does DFI provide a system monitoring application ? You could use that to see if the different power lines are stable when you start taxing the system. It could also let you monitor the temperature of the different components (but not the VGA cards though I think you'd have to go through the ATI software/drivers for that).

Well, I am using Windows Vista Home Premuim 32bit, I am using everest to monitor my temps and voltages and eveything there looks fine, I have already disabled shut off in control panel, I checked for errors in event viewer and I am getting quite a few errors the sources says atikmdag, saying Invalid Display index

"atikmdag" is obviously an ATI driver, try reinstalling your display drivers and see how it goes.
cheers
Hynesy

I reloaded the drivers again, no help, I did notice alot of errors in my event viewer from the ACPI, they read, IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3, function 0.

There are 4 of these at a time, from slot 3 to slot 6, they are the only errors I am getting now. I am only using my PCIE slots. does anyone know what this means or what I should do?

ok now it does it when I try to use media center as well, I have even tried a new power supply same thing, I am really lost here, if anyone has any ideas please I am willing to try anything, I have spent way too much money on this thing for it to act like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back