New Radeon Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone just bought a Radeon 9950 agp graphic card but when i removed the old card & plugged in the new the pc just beeps.Is the new card faulty or am i doing something wrong.Btw old card is back in and working....Thanx if you can help.

The old card is a nvidia geforce mx 460 don't no what motherboard is but pc is a medion pc if that helps...Thanx for the quick reply rik.

That info doesnt help at all!!!! I am wondering what agp speed your mobo is as i know that the 9550 is agp x4/x8 (i use one). If your mobo is less than agp x4 then the 9550 wont work!!!

Is your old card a geforce3 or a geforce4????

Sorry for the lack of info..
Motherboard Name MSI MS-6513 (Medion OEM) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)
and the old card is a geforce4....Is that more help

Before you shut down to remove the old card, did you uninstall the old Nvidia graphics driver?

Well i went to control panel,Add/Remove programs and unistalled the Nvidia drivers .The turned off PC ,replaced card ,turned PC back on and it just started to beep....Any help...Thanx

Near as I can tell your mobo has a Intel 845E chipset and a 2x/4x AGP slot. Your 4x/8x card should work, but some times you run in to incompatibility for unknown reasons. Take it out and put it in again to make sure its in good and tight. If you can, try it in another computer to see if it is defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back