New Ram Card installation/initiation trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-note: Thanks for reading, and thanks for your help! :)

I bought a RAM card the other day and it came in the mail today "Viking 200P 512M" and it fits nicely into my extra little laptop slop. I popped it in there, closed it up, booted up my laptop and tried to install it....

WELL. in the Device Manager Window it has that satanic little yellow exclamation point under "PCMIA and Flash Memory Devices" and then next to the device entitled "M-Systems Disk on Chip 2000". so I open it up and it shouts wildly at me "Windows cannot determine the settings for this device. Consult the documentation that came with this device and use the Resource tab to set the configuration. (Code 34)"

Well, I didn't get any documentation with the device--I bought it off www.newegg.com and the resource tab, eh?

That says "The device isn't using any resources because it has a problem"

So I click Set configuration manually and what do I get? CRAZY LETTERS AND NUMBERS.... so I set the memory range to "000D2000-000D3FFF" having no idea what the hell that means (but it's the only one that doesn't have a conflict and says something nice to me)
restart my computer, and then I get the error message saying that the device couldn't be started....

WHAT THE HECK DO I DO? I want my RAM :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back