New Rankings and post counts

Tarkus

I see we have a new ranking system. I've also heard from some members that their post counts have dropped down. What's the scoop on all this?

i think thta julio changed the settings so that "meeting spot" posts dont count ...

hmmmm nope, sngx just tested and it went up ...

OMFG!! not to worry... I really didn't notice or remember last night about Jawbreaker posts, this wasn't done in purpose, thing is, when I was updating user titles in vB CP, I had to rebuild index for post counts as well, which put us all down to real number in vB.

I will just go through that Jawbreaker thread again and add to your count.

I think it's too late to save Phant...he had a heart attack when he saw his postcount so low...:D

Originally posted by Vehementi
I think it's too late to save Phant...he had a heart attack when he saw his postcount so low...:D

Nah! I've so many posts it does not matter. Anyway, I wanted them to be removed.

Link to postcount/title

Is there a FAQ/Link to the new criteria?

I was all excited that I lost my newbie status, but now its back: 'Newcomer, in training'.

C

I will have a write up on the new user titles ready in the next couple of days... for now, just to clear your concerns the title given to new registered users "Newcomer, in training" will last until your 90th post when you become a "member".

Hopefully in the write up I will be able to better explain the spirit & purpose of the new titles, although I must anticipate "just for fun" would be the most appropiate explanation.

I'm sure that's right around the corner...

And it shouldn't be too long until you're no longer "in training" ;)

But aside from that, what do you think about the changes?

I really like beeing a "TechSpot Paladin"...
I've allways wanted to be a knight in shining armour :D

what is weird is that i'm also a paladin with my little postcount, looks like there's way less different levels now

Well, as you'll see when the FAQ comes up, there are different criterias for certain ranks...

"TechSpot Paladin" isn't a rank you'll get just based on your postcount, but rather certain other factors...

But you'll have to wait for the FAQ to know what (or Julio), as I'm not going to spill the beans ;) :D

Ok, some hints...

I must add, in recent months we have been honoured to receive new great people joining the boards and becoming TS regulars.

There will be two criterias used with user titles: post count (managed by vB automatically) and merit/time-based ones given by hand.
For example, in MrG case, he has been around for over a year and his behaviour and participation has been outstanding, so he's a Paladin, the first rank given by hand.

I believe there might be certain cases in which 300+ posters could have some "in training" wording added, get the idea?
HOWEVER, I should also note, titles are not meant to offend anyone... just for fun purposes.

Originally posted by TS | Julio
There will be two criterias used with user titles: post count (managed by vB automatically) and merit/time-based ones given by hand.
For example, in MrG case, he has been around for over a year and his behaviour and participation has been outstanding, so he's a Paladin, the first rank given by hand.

Thank you Julio :blush:
I feel very flattered!

And congrats DA, you deserve it! :)

Must find a victim to give the "Techspot Pet" or "Techspot Windowlicker" title to ;)

That said I think the new system is a nice change.

LOL I agree Arris, that would be kinda funny, of course it wouldn't be permanent as some users might get offended or something. And we don't want to scare anyone off because of something as silly as that.

Back