New screen shots/E3 trailer of Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arris

New screen shots of Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG

Source : http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_2942.html
5.jpg

Ok I wanna be Luke Skywalker!
Even if this is pay to play I don't think I will be able to restrain myself. This must be one of the most eagerly awaited RPGs ever...
With this and Lord Of The Rings games coming out RPGs should be in for a huge boost :p

WOW, now those are some good looking graphics !! I would pay to play that too !! That would make a good FPS too, I always wanted to waste a Jawa, those things give me the creeps !

OMG!!!!!! Is that taken from a movie or what?!?! Hope that doesn't take a GF3 to render ;)

Too bad multiplayer online gaming is not a reality here due to the *ultra* fast connection :(

my... what graphics... :eek:
first i thought it was taken from a movie or sth. would be better if it has better FSAA (that's when i noticed it's from a game)

Both screenies look awesome. One question though, how are the users gonna play such a game with low enough ping with such awesome graphics?

Originally posted by lokem
Both screenies look awesome. One question though, how are the users gonna play such a game with low enough ping with such awesome graphics?

Thats probably why its not out yet :)
I assume all the texture and graphics data will be on local and just the bare minimum gets sent between the user and the server.
MUD/MMORPG hasn't changed that much. Its just the interface.

Originally posted by Arris

Thats probably why its not out yet :)
I assume all the texture and graphics data will be on local and just the bare minimum gets sent between the user and the server.
MUD/MMORPG hasn't changed that much. Its just the interface.

Ah yes... How can I forget about that ;) Didn't know that game is in that genre. Too bad I have no interest in those games :(

As posted in another thread Lucas Arts have just released E3 game trailers. "Star Wars Galaxies : A galaxy divided" has been given a Decemeber 2002 release date. The trailer for it can be found here

Wow! I presume that's Endor? Looks great.
Wonder if you can be an Ewok-hunter...:D

Must take some hardware to display a game that well tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back