New Sony mass storage device not found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

A colleague of mine bought a sony USB2 80Gb hard drive, on plugging it into the usb port it appears that it is recognized but when you check in my computer nothing is recognized. He say's it did come with a disk which unfortunately he left at home. I thought the mass storage devices were plug and play?? Any idea's peeps?

:bounce:

No,

It is registering in device manager but not in my computer. So no drvie letter is assigned therefore he can not format. We are using Shell GID machines here (Offshore) windows 2000.

cheers

Do you have network drives assigned? If so, unmap them, and move them up a few letters in the alphabet.
e.g. Harddrive=C, CD/DVD=D, mapped networkdrive=E
Move the E-drive to e.g. letter P.
USB drives need consecutive letters immediately after the physical drives in your PC. Because the next physical driveletter in the above example, E, is taken, USB cannot assign the E that it needs for the USB-drive.
Hope this makes sense to you.

No,

It is registering in device manager but not in my computer. So no drvie letter is assigned therefore he can not format. We are using Shell GID machines here (Offshore) windows 2000 serv pack 4.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back