New Sound Card Contender Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rilla927

Hello fellow members,

I came across this information and thought I would pass it a long.

Creative Sound Blaster has some heavy competition coming. According to all the info I have read, this from actual customers that have purchased this card and tested reviews that this card is the only true 24bit sound card out there.

I have been through the creative forum and there are posts referring to them labeling their sound cards as 24bit when they really aren't. Not a true 24bit card. I have a creative sound blaster myself and I love it, but from what I read the B-Enspirer blows away anything creative has and this card is cheaper. The way I read this card is on a professional level.

They are in the middle of negotiating contracts with major PC Manufacturers and we should see something around the middle of 2007.
http://www.bluegears.com/

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=975

hi Rilla.

Thanks for headzup.

One note though: X-Fi cards are 24 bit all the way fullstop.
There were Audigy cards before this which did not use 24 bit core but only 24 bit DACs. This was the case with I think first revision of cards, years ago...

So sound blaster X-Fi is 24 bit, can output up to 6.1. digitally and up to 7.1. via analog outputs, does have bit perfect output. Unless you can explain to me exactly what you mean saying "Sound Blaster is not a true 24 bit card" please consider editing your post ;)

Btw. I happen to be quite sceptical about BlueGears claims. All that this new card can do better then sound blaster refers to DTS ENcoding - so only if you want sound from your games to be encoded on-the-fly into 5.1 digital stream and sent to the receiver. Why would you want to do that is rather beyond me but I guess some people have cash to burn :suspiciou ... And this is done at the cost of EAX and hardware audio processing incl. software dolby decoding.

Just one more thing:

What do you mean by saying the card is on a professional level?

Do you mean it can take signals of +4dBU? Does it have balanced connectors?
FYI: unless these 2 conditions are met no audio hardware is at professional level.

Take it easy ;)

Ruben said:
All that this new card can do better then sound blaster refers to DTS ENcoding - so only if you want sound from your games to be encoded on-the-fly into 5.1 digital stream and sent to the receiver. Why would you want to do that is rather beyond me but I guess some people have cash to burn :suspiciou
Yeah, I'm of those people who burn money (it's so cold in here).

I use my Mystique 7.1 because it can output multichannel audio using only one (optical) cable. Less cable clutter, that's all.

... And this is done at the cost of EAX and hardware audio processing incl. software dolby decoding.
Hmm? It has EAX 2.0 support. I'm not sure what you mean by hardware audio processing, Dolby Digital and DTS signals are supposed to be passthrough to an external receiver, that's the whole point with these DD/DTS encoding cards.

The negative thing about Creative Labs' X-Fi (is it still Sound Blaster?) and these Bluegears cards is that there's no proper Linux (or any other than Windows) support - and most likely will never be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back